So, you’re ready to take the SIE Exam, pass it, and get started with your career in the financial industry. Well, before you do, let’s consider some of the important facts to know about what passing the exam can mean for you. This way, you’ll be prepared for what’s to come as you start on your path to future success.
What the SIE Exam Can Do for You
The SIE Exam is the stepping stone to your financial services career because it’s the co-requisite to taking any of the FINRA qualification (Series) exams. Passing the SIE Exam doesn’t qualify you for registration with a FINRA member firm or to engage in securities business. Instead, this introductory-level exam assesses your knowledge of basic securities terminology as well as concepts that are fundamental to working in the industry, such as types of products and their risks; the structure of the securities industry markets, regulatory agencies and their functions, and prohibited practices.
Being proactive and completing the SIE Exam can help you catch an employer’s attention. When employers see on your resume that you’ve already passed the SIE Exam, they will appreciate that you’re serious about a financial services career. They also view it as a significant benefit because they don’t need to spend the time and money to train you for the exam.
If you’ve already taken and passed the SIE Exam, employers can see your potential to pass a Series Exam and will immediately begin the process of preparing you for one. If you can pass the SIE Exam, employers realize that you have a much higher chance of passing your qualification exam because you’ve dealt with the foundational information on which the qualification exams are built.
Jobs Within Reach After Passing the SIE Exam
Remember, the SIE Exam can be taken without any affiliation with a brokerage firm, but passing the exam doesn’t qualify you for a particular job. On the other hand, the qualification exams require member firm sponsorship, are specialized, and are more demanding. Each qualification exam will test your ability to perform certain tasks, respond to typical situations, know the characteristics of investment products and the clients for whom they’re suitable, and understand the terminology that’s specific to a certain field.
Ultimately, your ability to take a qualification exam and climb up the ladder in your career starts by passing the SIE Exam. Because of that, you need to be confident with who you use when preparing for your exams.
The STC College Program
Securities Training Corporation wants you to succeed and fulfill your dreams of starting a career in the financial services industry. For that reason, it offers the STC General Securities College Program that many colleges can incorporate into their education systems.
The STC college program is hands-on and will provide you with numerous benefits. To be specific, by completing the program, you will:
- Gain fundamental knowledge of the securities industry and make more informed choices about your financial services career
- Obtain the knowledge you need to prepare for your qualification (Series) exam
- Gain an edge with corporate recruiters
- Improve your interview performance by proving your industry proficiency to potential employers
- Have a direct path toward top insurance and securities firms for internship and full-time job opportunities
- Have access to accurate articles about current industry issues
- Have plenty of opportunities to take practice exams to prepare you for your SIE and Series Exams
- Have access to On-Demand videos and class lectures
- Gain insights from instructors who can help you through every step of your journey
- Earn a certificate of completion and digital badge when finishing the course as well as access to all STC classes and materials for one year thereafter
Many people begin to prepare for their financial industry exams only after school is completed or when they’re well into their careers. However, with STC’s program, you can gain the education you need to jump-start your career before many people even have the chance.
If you need help preparing for the SIE or qualification exams, or if you’re interested in signing up for the STC college program and beginning your career in the financial services industry, contact Securities Training Corporation today. Let STC’s experts help you choose the best program for your specific needs so that you can achieve your career goals.